For those that attended the event in Mar, you know we had passed out a survey. We are HAPPY to report that over half of them were returned with a unanimous YES to continue the event. (if you made a comment and included your email, replies will be sent shortly.)
The committee has been meeting and the 2021 event is a GO!!!! Dates are 11-14 Mar 2021. All event will be at the Villas by the Sea again.
We are monitoring what Covid/Corona is doing and will abide by CDC guidelines when and if necessary. (We all ready have hand sanitizer!)
As of now, Bingo is on Thurs evening, 50/50 Fri evening, raffles, live auction, crowning of King/Queen…….
If you would like to be a vendor or know any that would like to join us, we have space for you. Also openings are available for seminar speakers.
Stay tuned for details as they become available.
Thank you ALL for your continued support.
The Sandy Paws Committee has been following the virus over the past couple of weeks. We want to offer you the best information we have with hopes of ensuring everyone has a safe and enjoyable time. First of all, DON’T PANIC. You are more at risk of getting the flu than you are COVID-19.
We will have hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes available. Also, for those playing Corn Hole, surgical gloves will be available.
Both Jekyll Island and our host hotel, Villas by the Sea , have issued no warnings or restrictions at this time. If anything is sent out, we will keep you informed. Medical information is listed in your program that you receive at registration.
Listed below are the latest recommendations from the CDC [Centers for Disease Control]. We want everyone to take general precautions and enjoy the event.
- Virus Homepage: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
• Prevention & Treatment: There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
• CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
• Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
On line Registration and pre order of dinner is now closed!
Walk-in registration will be available at the event.
March 12-15, 2020
Join us at Villas by the Sea Conference Center on Jekyll Island, GA
Stay tuned for updates and remember to check out our Facebook Page: Sandy Paws Greyt Fun in the Sun
NEW DMV GA Law:
“Per the DMV:
As of July 1, 2018 Hands-Free Georgia Act prohibits drivers from operating a wireless communication device or stand-alone electronic device while driving. Drivers may only use voice commands via an earpiece, headphone device or device worn on the wrist
All drivers, regardless of age, are banned from texting while behind the wheel.”
Did you miss the newsletter sign up at the SP Event? Not a problem. Just send your email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org. He will gladly send you a free copy!
SOMETHING NEW!!!! As you know, there is usually a bar set up for our evening activities. The cost of this to Greythound Guardians is not really cost effective and takes away funds that may be donated. Therefore, Villas by the Sea is allowing us to BYOB!!!! Don’t forget bottle openers and drink ware for your personal use. Anything you want to bring will be ok and they will provide ice (for free).